Can Coconut Oil And Lemon Juice Promote Hair Growth?
As much as you love your hair with every fiber of your being, it can also frustrate you to no end when it refuses to grow. You may pamper it with every oil and hair mask in the market, subject it to every kind of over-the-counter treatment and home remedy – and you’ll still not find it growing at the speed that you want it to. But here’s something you probably don’t know. If you want to boost your hair growth, you just need to go to your kitchen and pick up the two items that you probably (most definitely) have in stock – coconut oil and lemon juice. How and why use lemon and coconut oil for hair growth, you ask? Well, let me break it down for you…
Why Use Coconut Oil And Lemon Juice For Hair Growth?
Coconut oil and lemon for hair are two potent ingredients that boost hair growth for several reasons. Let’s take a look at them one by one…
Coconut Oil For Hair Growth
- Coconut oil is filled with fatty acids and lauric acid that prevent hair from breaking and, thus, allow it to grow.
- Coconut oil penetrates hair follicles to not only moisturize them from within but also protect them from heat and environmental damage.
- Treating yourself to a coconut oil massage can stimulate the blood circulation in that area and, in turn, boost hair growth.
- This marvelous oil contains vitamin E, vitamin K, and iron, and is also in possession of antifungal and antibacterial properties that protect against lice and dandruff that could slow your hair growth.
Lemon Juice For Hair Growth
- The vitamin C content of lemon juice is essential for the production of collagen in your body. This collagen greatly affects the rate at which your hair grows.
- Lemon juice works excellently to cleanse hair follicles and unclog pores that could be inhibiting your hair growth. It is also known to reactivate hair growth from dormant follicles.
- It maintains scalp health as it has antifungal properties and controls the production of sebum.
- Lemon juice also curbs hair fall as its acidic nature helps tighten hair follicles.
So now that you know how excellent coconut oil and lemon juice are for promoting hair growth, let’s look at how you can use these ingredients to pamper your tresses!